| 18 March, 2013 05:41
Dear Art Lovers and Friends,
On March 1, I received a phone call from Tony Morton, gallery director of Paseo Originals Art Gallery, Oklahoma City., OK. He informed me that I was not only one of six chosen finalists for the Platform Award but that I was awarded "Best of Show", Representation Award, and Solo Show Award.
I was speechless.
The Platform Award is a national juried call and this years jurors included:
Steve Ligget, Founder of Living Arts, Tulsa, OK
F. Bradley Jessop, ED.D. Director, School of Fine Arts, East Central University, Ada, OK
Laura Warriner, Co-Founder, Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition Founder, [Artspace] at Untitled Oklahoma City, OK
Karen L. Orr, Owner, Paseo Originals Art Gallery, Oklahoma City, OK
Tony Morton, Director, Paseo Originals Art Gallery, Oklahoma City, OK
Alison Amick, Collections Curator for the Oklahoma City Museum of Art allocated the monetary awards: Best of Show, Awards of Merit.
The six finalists include:
Birgit Huttemann-Holz ( Best of Show), Mark Hatley (Award of Merit) , Araceli Tarraso (Award of Merit), Steve Whitfield, Allie Jensen, Nicholas Scrimenti.
The Platform Exhibition is running from March 1- 30 @ the Paseo Original Arts Gallery in Oklahoma City, OK.
I am also very pleased to announce that the Third Thursday on February 21 was a great success and I would like to invite everybody to visit and spread the word:
Search this blog:
Calendar Of Posts
- Platform Award and Third Thursday in Detroit
- Re View: Affairs with Serpents and HeroInes
- News and Homage Exhibition
- Affairs with Serpents and HeroInes
- Best of Show - Annual Tri County Exhibition: Our Rivers Our Lakes @ Grosse Pointe Art Center, GP, MI
- Society for Art of Imagination- Winner of Portrait Competition
- Icons of the Feminine- movie
- Chosen artist/ stipend recipient for: STAND in the Place Where you Live
- Epic Hole- A Masterpiece
- Brightstroke- Art Expo New York, March 25-27, 2011